2010-02-08

Rest - Refresh

Energy Drain - Rest - Refreshment

Rest - Refresh (from ATP10: A Trackless Path (retreat) 00:45:23.00 - 00:57:22.00)

(download into iTunes)
...

Larry: It depends on what you call resting.

Ken: Thank you Bill Clinton!

...
LOL
...

Larry: ... I mean, I can rest on a cushion, I can rest going out for a walk, I can rest reading a book...

Ken: That's not the same, the last one.

Larry: Or listening to music?

Ken: Maybe the same.

Larry: Maybe? Because, a book is too linear and analytical?

Ken: There is an engagement.

Larry: And not with music?

Ken: As I said, it depends.

Larry: On me or the music? [Laughter] I am sorry! [Laughter]

Ken: I was going to just say both. Now...

...

Ken: No, I see it's refreshing body and mind is the end result. Refreshment.

Larry: Refreshment... OK. Thank you.

Ken: Yeah, because, this has a lot to do with what I was talking about the other night in terms of the rhythms of practice. We need to respect the rhythms of practice. ...

...